NCRID is a state affiliate chapter of the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf, Inc.
The mission of NCRID, Inc. is to provide state and local forums and an organizational structure for the continued growth and development of the profession of interpretation and transliteration of American Sign Language and English.
Objectives of NCRID:
- To be the affiliate chapter of RID, Inc., representing the State of North Carolina
- To maintain and promote a code of ethics for interpreters and transliterators
- To provide for the professional development of the membership
- To provide the public with information regarding interpreting and transliterating
- To maintain and promote a list of RID, Inc. certified interpreters/transliterators within North Carolina
- To prepare and distribute professional publications regarding interpreting and transliterating
- To raise funds to support the purposes and activities of the Corporation
- To support the activities of organizations of and for deaf persons, and of and for interpreters, transliterators and translators, insofar as such activities are not in conflict with the purposes of the Corporation
- To provide for the establishment and maintenance of regional chapters of the Corporation