Here is where we list announcements and events NOT on our calendar. Other states or unaffiliated entities often ask us to share information and this is the appropriate place to do so.
PURPOSE: This weekend course is for those seeking to become qualified in working with Deaf-Blind individuals as interpreters or Support Service Providers (SSPs)
OBJECTIVES: (2.0 CEUs including pre-work)
• Overview of Deaf-Blindness and Communication Modalities
• SSP and Deaf-Blind Interpreter roles and responsibilities
• Human Guiding Techniques
• Prioritizing and Providing Visual Information
• Touch Signals
• Linguistics and Tactile ASL Modifications
• Logistics and Coordinating communication support for a diverse Deaf-Blind audience and much more...
ASHLEY BENTON, LCSW, MSW - DSDHH DEAF/DEAF-BLIND SERVICES COORDINATOR
JEFF TRADER, NCICS: A, RID CI & CT - SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETER
MARILYN TRADER, MSW - HKNC SOUTHEAST REGIONAL REPRESENTATIVE
LEE WILLIAMSON, NCICS: A, RID CI & CT-DSDHH COMMUNICATIONS ACCESS MANAGER