There will be Deaf Mental Health Listening Session on Friday, May 25, 2018 from 1-3 pm at Patrick Beaver Memorial Library, 375 3rd Street NE, Hickory, NC 28601 in Hickory. The purpose of this event is to give Deaf & Deaf-Blind individuals and the community who works with Deaf & DB individuals a chance to learn more about mental health and substance abuse issues in Deaf Community. People who participate in these discussions related to the mental health of Deaf & DB individuals and decide how we (RHA Team) might take action to improve mental health in families, schools, and communities.
Catawba County currently has a job opening for a full time interpreter. Click the link below and it will take you to the job description and application page...
Hab Tech Position
- Provide training to promote client outcomes in behavioral, social, and vocational realms
- Maintain a schedule of services/activities in a treatment plan
- Assist with eating, bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, and activities of daily living
- Assist with preparation of meals
- Monitor and report on status of health and safety objectives
- Complete housekeeping tasks essential to the health and welfare of the individual
- Provide respite and companionship to offer relief to family or primary caregiver
- Assist client participation in leisure/recreational activities
- Complete documentation of activities and significant events
- Submit documentation and payroll data according to scheduled deadlines
- Complete initial and ongoing training and staff development activities
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Achieve competency in required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Pass criminal record, healthcare registry, and Office of Inspector General checks
- Pass driving record check if providing transportation
- High school graduate or equivalent (GED)
- Work may require moderately heavy physical exertion on a regular and recurring basis. Work tasks may include extensive driving, assisting with transfers (wheelchair to chair, bed, or tub, for example), and significant physical support to assist the client with daily activities. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds or more depending on individual client needs.
Pay and Benefits:
- Competitive wages
- Benefits based on hours worked might include medical, dental, life insurance and 401K
Turning Point Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Person must be fluent in American Sign Lauguage
Consumer lives in Morganton
Part-time 7-20 hours a week including some weekends
Apply at Turning Point Services Inc.
When: September 28th, 2017
Where: Foothills Higher Education Center in Morganton, NC
Time: 7:30am - 12:00pm
WPCC's Interpreter Education program trains you for a career in providing communication and interpretation for deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals.
Ashe County (Western NC) is looking for an educational interpreter, that has an EIPA score of 3 or better, that would contract up to 4 hours, (3 days, 1 hour or so a day), for EOG EXTEND1 testing to fulfill an IEP modification. If you are interested please contact Terry Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
I wanted to let you know that we here at Discovery Church are feeling called to now offer our Sunday morning 9:15 am service with ASL interpretation for the hearing impaired. We have hired a few recent graduates who are working toward their national ASL certification.
I was told that you might be able to get the word out to the deaf community that we are offering these services. We are a non-denominational church with a contemporary style of worship. You can find out more about us at our website: http://www.discoverychurchhickory.com/.