· Work with Event Coordinator to coordinate and attend 1 monthly silent dinner in the Greensboro/High Point area. This includes developing a flyer and posting event information on various social media accounts such as Facebook, website, list-serve, etc. Estimated monthly time = 2 hours
· Coordinate and attend 1 monthly Friends and Family event in the Greensboro area. This is a support group for parents with children who are deaf or hard of hearing. Meetings involve dinner, activities for children and separate activity for parents. This includes recruiting volunteers, planning and securing presenters, developing advertising materials, developing registration materials, attending and coordinating the event. Estimated monthly time = 2.5 hours
· Coordinate TAG, a mentoring program for deaf children/teens. This involves recruiting mentors and students, training mentors, organizing events, advertising events, etc. Estimated monthly time = 10 hours.
· Meet at least once monthly with supervisor for planning and review purposes for all community events. Estimated monthly time = 1.5 hours.
· Work with CSDHH staff to create monthly Vlog promoting events for agency website.
· This position is paid on a contract basis.
· No taxes will be taken out of pay.
· An IRS form 1099 will be provided during January of each year reflecting earnings during the prior year.
· Payment will be made during the first week of each month for services during the previous month.
· An accurate and completed timesheet is required in order to be paid.
· Hourly pay is to be determined by experience after interviews.
· 12-16 hours per month, maximum 16 per month
· At least 8 hours per month require attendance at evening or weekend events. The remainder of the hours can be completed from CSDHH.
· Executive Director, Communication Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
· Fluent in American Sign Language
· Ability to interact and communicate with both children and adults
· Proficient in MS Word, and other computer software used to create flyers and printed materials
· Available during evening hours at least 3 evenings per month
· Ability to coordinate events with prior planning
· Ability to communicate effectively in American Sign Language and written English.
· Applicant must pass a background check, drug test and sex offender registry check.
Experience and Education
· Be at least 18 years of age
· Have a high school diploma or GED
· Hold a valid NC Driver’s License
· Have reliable transportation
· This position is contracted and does not provide any benefits.
· Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than August 5, 2016.
· Cover letter and resume should highlight previous experience related to involvement in children’s activities and community events supporting the deaf and hard of hearing community.
· Interviews will take place August 17 – 19, 2016.
· Applicants must be available to begin work no later than September 2016. Evening events will begin during September 2016.