· Ashley Benton, DSDHH Deaf/Deaf-Blind Services Coordinator
· Marilyn Trader, Helen Keller National Center, Southeast Regional Representative
Come explore your awareness, thoughts and perceptions associated with working with Deaf-Blind people.
After completing the session, participants will:
· Have basic understanding of the diversity within the Deaf-Blind community.
· Have a clear understanding of SSP/Interpreter roles and responsibilities and what is expected of them.
· Be able to incorporate human guiding techniques.
· Be able to provide visual information.
· Have access to national and state resources.