Come explore your awareness, thoughts and perceptions associated with working with Deaf-Blind people.
After completing the session, participants will:
- Have a basic understanding of the diversity within the Deaf-Blind community
- Have a clear understanding of SSP/Interpreter roles and responsibilities, and what is expected of them.
- Be able to incorporate human guiding techniques.
- Be able to provide visual information.
- Have access to national and state resources.
- Nicole Alleman, DSDHH-Raleigh Regional Center, Deaf-Blind Services Specialist
- Marilyn Trader, Helen Keller National Center, Southeast Regional Representative