The first step to becoming an SSP!
“Human Guiding Practice”
A FREE workshop for:
- Deaf Studies and ITP Student
- Those who want to learn about Deaf-Blindness.
- Potential SSPs
- Ashley Benton, DSDHH Deaf-Blind Services Specialist, Raleigh Regional Center
- Marilyn Trader, Helen Keller National Center, Southeast Regional Representative
After completing the session, participants will:
- Have basic understanding of the diversity within the Deaf-Blind community.
- Have a clear understanding of SSP/Interpreter roles and responsibilities and what is expected of them.
- Be able to incorporate human guiding techniques.
- Be able to provide visual information.
- Have access to national and state resources.
LIMITED SEATING (40), please *RSVP by January 22, 2016.
*RSVPs to: Janetta Hall: V (919-874-2212), VP (919) 890-0859 Email: email@example.com
**Other accommodation requests to: Ashley Benton: VP (919-741-4511) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Every attempt will be made to inform participants immediately if cancellation of the workshop occurs.
**Interpreting Services Provided**
Refreshments and drinks will be served. Lunch will be on your own.
See the event flyer here.